Back on January 10th, hubby and I made a batch of soap using whole, unskimmed cows milk. I wasn't very pleased with it and had my doubts about how it would finish out. It's not been near enough time for the curing but I couldn't wait. I tested the soap and it's cured enough to not burn the hide off me. The scent I used in it faded out nicely, you can smell it while you are using it but it does not noticed after your bath on your skin. It made nice, compact bubbles, rinsed clean and leaves your skin baby butt soft!
I'm pretty pleased with it overall now. It ended up a darker color than the batch normally produces but the milk did scald a bit during the process. I would have liked it to make more bubbles so an experiment into "super fatting" the batch next time is in order.
I'm counting this batch as a success. Keep on prepping!
Yes, all of 2013 and part of 2012 are missing from the blog. You can thank Mike H for that. Almost all of those posts were about our great friendship and our partnership in farming. You all know how that turned out!