The soap set for it's 24 hours and I went ahead and pulled it from the molds. The picture of the left is the extra soap I pour in the candy molds, the right is the soap I pour in the pvc pipe. The orange color faded out to more like what it normally looks like and the soap had a rich, silky feel to it when I cut it. I hope the high butterfat content did what I hoped it would. Now it needs to set for it's curing time. It still has a real strong "soap" smell even over the wildflower fragrance I added, another thing I'll just have to wait and see on.
this batch made the usual 40 bars of soap using the recipe I posted a few weeks ago.
Yes, all of 2013 and part of 2012 are missing from the blog. You can thank Mike H for that. Almost all of those posts were about our great friendship and our partnership in farming. You all know how that turned out!